Tuesday 18 March 2014

Recipe: Mango Orange Smoothie

Mango orange smoothie

As mentioned in my post on weight loss, mango and orange smoothie is one of my favourite for breakfast. Back home where I have a juicer in the house, I would make fresh juices for breakfast on the clean-eating days. However, being in London, I can’t possibly have every single kitchen appliance. Making do with a blender, I’d learnt a thing or two from my friend about making fruit smoothies and here’s one of the best replacement for fresh juices as breakfast.

Here’s the recipe.

Mango Orange Smoothie (serves 1)

Ingredients:
200g     mango chunks
1           orange

Directions:
1. Keep the mango chunk in the freezer for at least a couple hours until it is completely frozen.

2. Peel the skin of the orange and cut into large slices.
TIP: Make cuts on the skin of the orange with the end of lines meeting at the bottom. Peel the skin from the bottom. (something I learnt from working part time back in the days)


Orange
Notice the lines formed from cutting the skin of the orange

3. Blend the peeled orange and mango until it forms a smooth texture. If the smoothie is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of water.
TIP: If the blender comes with instructions to avoid blending ice cube (a cheap blender like mine), remove the mango chunks from the freezer for about 30 minutes to thaw it slightly.

4. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!

ENJOY! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment